Followers

Monday, October 19, 2009

Fall Season

I am mesmerized when I see how God paints nature with different colors. I love seeing the leaves turn into bright colors like red, orange, yellow, purple, fuchsia(did I spell it right:)) etc.... It just amazes me. Well, I love nature.

On another topic, I had a three days of training as a caregiver (probably one of the businesses that thrived in this recession) without being interviewed. Maybe it was because I was referred by the sister of the owner. They are from Baguio. This Filipina lady is married to an American (older) man and their adult home business seems to have grown. I think they are well off through this business. Although when the husband drove me off to the bus station, he said that his wife tells her children to study well so that they won't be doing a job like what their mom/dad do. Well, to me, it is still a decent job however people perceive it.

I have heard from people that I've met that their friends or they themselves have been applying for jobs for many months and have not been called for an interview. One friend, who is in another state, told me that his church mate who works as a supervisor in an airport was laid off in December of last year and, until now, he has not found a job. The worst is that his family arrived in the US without knowing that he had no job.

My three days of training allowed me to see the nature of job. The owner then asked me if I like the job and I said that I do because I love serving and ministering to others, such as the elderly. It puts smile on my face when I converse with them. Most of them are funny to be with. I wonder what will happen when I grow old:)? Thus, it was not that difficult for me to get into it. I also hope that I will be hired as a part time after school instructor, which I could do in the late afternoon. I have not heard yet about the other jobs that I applied for.

I was grateful to my wife for driving me to the place for three days. She had to wake up very early in the morning even if she was suppose to get more sleep because she usually arrives home late in the evening.

I am glad that I was able to take the bus home so that was easier for my wife. On the first day, however, I got lost because the driver let me off at a place where I was not suppose to go. I began to be anxious about how I would be able to get home because I didn't know the place or have a cell phone. Now both of us have one. Anyway, I was able to manage to get home; although my wife was quite worried about why I had not arrived.

1 comment:

  1. Manong,

    I'm sure you will do great! One step at a time. my first job was a mail sorter, tapos I graduated and worked for a locksmith, tapos while doing my masters I worked as a teaching assistant and then now I'm teaching at the university. so while it may take time, the baby steps that we take now will be invaluable when we have to start taking the big steps. God bless you in this ministry that he is giving you to the elderly.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete