Followers

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Finally.....at home!

It has been ages that I have not written on my blog site. I thought writing a little update might be good:).

After staying in Manila for about 5 months for my tuberculosis treatment, I have finally gone back to the province second week of February. I am grateful to the LORD that I do not have to report everyday to that clinic anymore just to take that medicine. It was not a pleasant experience but I am still thankful for family and friends who have been there through their support in many ways. Thank you to each one of you!

Although I am not really done yet because I still need to know the result of my cultured sputum test sometime in the second week of March. I feel relieved that I am out of the city now:). If it turns out negative, they told me that I need to have a repeat medical exam which means paying about P11,000.00 again. I did not think this is fair but it looks like it is part of their policy and that nobody is complaining. Why will we have to pay again for the medical exam when we just have had the medication and if the recent test say it is already okay? I wish the higher authority will check on this. Is this how this well known hospital operates?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:15 AM

    Glad to hear your home again brother and almost done with that treatment process..

    Hope it would be settled best soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, the hospital system here in our old PI is not very patient-friendly. I was reminded about the other night when UB took one of our students in the NVPH ER, AJ said the ER people were prompt and fast in taking care of the girl. I told her, "Well, it's mostly because of UB." They saw a white face so they scurried here and there to make sure everything is taken care of. Doesn't that just bug you?

    glad your therapy is done. and I hope ok na so you can join your lovey na. :)

    ReplyDelete