Followers

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Side Trip...

I had the chance to go out this week end. I have been wanting to visit this place two weeks ago but it did not work out because the people I am suppose to go with had different schedule.

It was quite far but not as far as my village. After about two hours ride, as I was told, we still had to hike up and go down for more than an hour before reaching the place. As we enter to the the thick forest, light begins to disappear. It took more than two hours because it started to rain making the road muddy and slippery. The place is a part of Kasibu, known to be the citrus capital of Nueva Vizcaya.

While hiking, the chirping crickets, the different sounds insects produced were music in my ears, and the smell of the forest carried by the very clean air is a natural perfume that left me like I was floating in the air. The water is not as sweet as and not as clear as the commercialized distilled water sold in stores. The place I stayed has no neighbors on sight. The deafening silence as night matures brought me to into feast of welcoming the night in deep sleep. I was dreaming when I found out the night was over and had to get ready for a time of worship with others who will were to arrive very soon.

The number of hours I spent with nature was too short but was a meaningful one. I felt like I was out of the world. It was invigorating to be "out of this world" for a while. I wish there are more places like this where people can feel what is to be with nature.

3 comments:

  1. i long for places like that. it's good to get away from the hustle and bustle of life. how was your march test? i hope you're now fully cured. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi kayni,

    Thanks for dropping by. I finally got out of the clinic April 1. The test came out negative. Hopefully, my visa packet gets delivered soon.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear this. It is a wonderful blessing. If you happen to live close to DC, let me know.

    ReplyDelete