Followers

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Eyes......>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I love to look around wherever I go. I love to observe, glance at people while walking (at least not to stare at them in an obvious manner). I learn things from what I see. In fact, if I am in a restaurant or go somewhere, I try to choose a corner where I can have a better perspective of what is happening as far as my senses could pick up.

Being married to a white(as many Filipinos would call white-skinned people, "pokaw" in my native tongue) changed me a bit. It has made me conscious of people's stare at us when we are together. And I do not get that many stares when I am alone (so I enjoy the chance of seeing people while walking around).

When I am with my wife, to get away from people's eyes, I have become like a "snob" by not throwing a glance to people as we walk. And not to say hi in any form in our village is offensive because our culture often runs in the the idea that we are a community. Sometimes being independent or alone is criticized:)

In two of the many instances that I am talking about, we were riding in MRT (train) when a guy seated beside us keeps on turning his head staring at us. My eyes may seem to be staring something but keen to fell what is happening around. When we get off from the MRT, we took a bus. On the bus, across where we were seated is a guy who did the same- staring. Okay! I have realized I need to get used to it because it will be how it is for the rest of the days to come. "Tawey ah!":)

1 comment: